One package will make 2 Delicious Cheese Balls.
Directions: Basic Cheese Ball Recipe
- 8 oz. (250 g) Cream Cheese Package, Room Temperature
- 1 cup (250 ml) Shredded Sharp or Old Cheddar Cheese
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp.(15 ml) Cheese Ball Spice Mix (1/2 package)
- ½ cup (125 ml) Chopped Pecans or Walnuts (reserve a few halves for garnish) or ½ cup (125 ml) Parsley.
Add 1 tbsp.(15 ml) of the Cheese Ball Spice Mix to the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Let sit for 5 to 10 min. to re-hydrate the spices. In the meantime, mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese together. Then mix in the spices, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well to evenly distribute the spices. Shape into a ball. Roll the ball in the chopped nuts or parsley or a mixture of both. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate a minimum of 2-3 hours. Also freezes well. Serve at room temperature with your favourite crackers.
The packaging for the Cheese Balls is small enough to fit into an envelope for a convenient and thoughtful gift. If you have purchased any of our Ultimate Gourmet Dip Mixes, you can use 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of the Dip Mix for any of our cheese ball recipes. (They are the same spice blends, just packaged differently.) If you look in Recipe Ideas there are a lot of variations and additional yummy recipes to enjoy.