Dips and Cooking Spices Recipe Ideas
Following are Suggestions and Recipe Ideas on using our Ultimate Gourmet Dip Mixes also as cooking spices. Our faithful customers have gratuitously given some of these ideas to us. Thank you all so much for your hints and cooking suggestions.
Dips - Follow the recipe on the dip package. Use with regular or low fat sour cream and/or mayonnaise. Yogurt also tastes great, just a little more on the ‘tart’ side. All can be served with vegetables, potato chips, crackers, tortilla chips, or whatever your taste preference.
- For Tortilla Chips use dip mix as directed, or mix with melted cheese or Velveeta cheese for a great topping! Top with peppers and/or cooked ground beef (use our spices as a seasoning for the ground beef). Enjoy!
- 1 - 8 oz. (250 g) Cream Cheese, Room Temperature,
- 1 cup (250 ml) Shredded Sharp or Old Cheddar Cheese,
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Worcestershire Sauce.
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Gourmet Spice Mix
Add 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of the Gourmet Spice Mix to the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Let mixture sit for 5 to 10 min. to re-hydrate the spices. In the meantime, mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese together. Then mix in the spices, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well to evenly distribute the spices. Shape into a ball. Roll the ball in chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) or parsley or a mixture of both. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate a minimum of 2-3 hours. Also freezes well. Serve at room temperature with your favorite crackers.
- See the Cheese Ball Recipe Section for further Delicious Food Ideas including a Cheese Ball Torta!
- Mix 2 tbsp. of your favorite Gourmet Spice Mix with ¼ c. (60ml) butter. Let sit for 2 hours and serve with your favorite bread.
- Spread some of the Herbed Butter on a French Loaf. If desired, also top with Parmesan or Cheddar Cheese for Cheese Toast. Yum!
- Add your favorite Gourmet Spice Mix to cream cheese and use as a Bagel or Sandwich Spread.
- Homemade Bread - Add 1 to 2 tbsp. to your dry ingredients.
- Bread Machine Bread - Add 1 to 2 tbsp. to your liquid (adding to the liquid softens the spices a bit). A quick and easy Herbed Bread!
- for a Creamy Salad Dressing - Great for left over dips - thin down the dip with milk and pour over your favorite salad.
- for a creamy garlic dressing for Caesar Salad use Garlic and Chives. Just add Parmesan Cheese and Black Pepper to taste.
- for an Oil & Vinegar Dressing - Mix 1 tbsp. of the Gourmet Spice Mix with 1/4 c. each of Olive Oil and Vinegar. Add sugar to taste.
Mix well. For added flavor try different kinds of balsamic vinegar.
- Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of your favorite Gourmet Spice Mix to the soup liquid. This takes the thinking out of which spices to use.
- Makes a great bean soup! Follow your favorite recipe and add our Gourmet Spices. Beans love spices!
- Add ½ tbsp. of Gourmet Spice Mix per liter of liquid. Adds great flavoring. Try different mixes until you find one you really like.
- Start by making a basic white sauce. While melting the butter, add 1 tbsp. of Gourmet Spice Mix. Continue making the white sauce with more liquid than usual (pasta absorbs). Toss with the cooked pasta! VOILA! As a bonus, add pre-cooked seafood, vegetables or chopped tomatoes to the sauce. Enjoy!
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp. Butter, 2 tsp. Flour, ¼ c. Stewed Tomatoes, 1 to 1½ tbsp. Gourmet Spice Mix.
Melt the butter, mix in the Gourmet Spice Mix, add the flour, then add the tomatoes. Simmer for a short while and serve over your
favorite pasta. Try different types and shapes of pasta. Delicious and easy!
Variations: Add fresh mushrooms, green peppers, any finely chopped veggies, even a little cooked ground beef or cooked chicken.
- Beef - Makes delectable meatballs - use 1 to 1½ tbsp. per pound, also great in Meat Loaf. Magnificent Mediter. is especially great.
- Fish - Mix a batch of Dill Dip-alicious with a yogurt base for a great tartar sauce with a new twist. Mix Heritage Ranch Gourmet Spices with butter and use as a basting sauce over fish. We especially love it over Red Snapper.
- Fish or Chicken - Sprinkle on the Creative Cajun as a blackening spice and pan fry or Bar B Que. A great Blackened Cajun Dish!
- Chicken - to your sauce add the Heritage Ranch for a mild curry taste or A Touch of Curry for a wonderful curried taste.
- dishes with a Zing! Add 1 tbsp. of Gourmet Spice Mix to the water. Once rice is done, add 1 tbsp. of butter or margarine, if desired.
The spicy dips are especially great!
- Garlic & Chives mixed as a dip makes a great topping for Baked Potatoes or Perogies. Or, add any Gourmet Spice Mix to sour cream and serve. Especially great mixed in with mashed potatoes!
- For Super Scalloped Potatoes - just sprinkle in 1 - 2 tbsp. of any Gourmet Mix (especially Garlic & Chives) while layering potatoes and
onions. Very flavorful and easy.
- Brown 2 tbsp. butter with 1 beef bouillon cube or sachet packet. Add 2 tbsp. flour, 1 tbsp. of your favorite Gourmet Spice Mix, then add 1 cup of milk. Simmer gently to thicken. Magnificent Mediterranean gravy is delicious served with Meat Loaf!
- Use any Gourmet Spice Mix when making stir fried vegetables. Add the mix to olive oil or butter. Add any vegetables desired. As more moisture is needed, add chicken stock or water. The Gourmet Spice Mix takes the thinking out of what spices to use! They all taste great.
- add your favorite Gourmet Spice Mix to melted butter or olive oil, set aside, then toss with cooked vegetables (Dill Dip with carrots are great!).
Let your imagination be your guide to pleasant adventures in cooking. Our Gourmet Dip Mixes make any meal sensational. We hope you will use and enjoy our Ultimate Gourmet Recipes and Ideas. Tell us at the next craft fair or email us what new ideas you have found.